Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Tokyo Time

Last night in Shanghai - tomorrow I will travel to Tokyo via Seoul, Korea (and yes, I am hoping for kimchi and or Korean barbecue during my lay-over ;)). I'm pretty excited about finally getting to Tokyo and to my new little temporary home (which supposedly includes free internet access - whoa hoa!).

I felt kinda weird today and i realized that i was feeling homesick, something I haven't experienced in a long time and something I was sort of hoping to re-discover on this trip, because i was starting to wonder if you get to a point where you just never feel homesick. Not so, at least not for me, what a relief. So, I've been relishing the feeling today, even if it is not all that pleasant, just because it is such a good reminder of who I really am and what really matters to me: today, i am just very undeniably white and European, and it feels good to feel so at home in that identity, even if it puts me at odds with pretty much everyone else here...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great flight! Hope your layover plans come true, unlike mine in Bangkok - I was counting on phad kee mao, but got a 2-hour Israeli interrogation instead...

Nils said...

Naja wenn du Heimweh hast ist Tokio nicht gerade der Platz wo du sein willst :]